Workout Ideas and Goddess Nutrition News
The Goddess Nutrition™ Team have come up with some great workout ideas to incorporate into your routine! So check back regularly and see what’s happening, we think you’ll find it really useful!
Can I Build a Bigger Bum or is it Just Genetics?
Wednesday, October 11, 2017
Yes and no. The bottom line (no pun intended) is that yes, you can change any part of your body with hard work and dedication. However, genetics do play a small role when it comes to building your body. Some women may naturally build muscle more quickly than others (which means building and sculpting a booty quickly may come more naturally to them), other women may have to put in extra work and it may take longer to build up their muscles. Please also bear in mind here, that some women may naturally carry more fat around their glutes, which can also give the illusion of a bigger, more built booty.
Genetics determine the overall shape of our glutes but with hard work, it is possible to grow and alter them. Everyone is different, you need to be patient and work out what food and training combination works best for your body. If you are unsure of where to start with this, you may find hiring a qualified personal trainer helpful!
Another great starting point would be to clean up your diet. The foods you consume can play a huge role in body changes, including building your glutes! Like with any muscle group, to build a bigger booty you need to be eating lots of nutritious, protein rich foods to encourage muscle growth and a good amount of clean carbs to help keep your body fuelled for your workouts. Another thing to consider is your caloric intake, to grow and build muscles efficiently you need to be consuming more calories than you are burning (however, these calories need to be from healthy sources, daily takeaways and fried foods will not give you the sculpted look that you are aiming to achieve) so make sure to keep a note of your daily caloric intake to ensure you aren’t training at a deficit!
The next step is to pair up this healthy eating with heavy lifting! If you want to build up your booty you need to be lifting heavy! Lifting heavy weights with fewer reps helps build up your muscle more quickly and efficiently.
Why not give the following booty building exercises a try?
- Squats – Probably the most important exercise you can do in the gym. Squats not only help build up your core and overall strength, they also work those glutes!
- Lunges – There are many types of lunges you can do (Alternating, walking, stationary, side). To really work your glutes, lunge whilst holding two dumbbells, increasing the weight of the dumbbells as you grow stronger.
- Deadlifts – Another of the 3 main power lifts. The deadlift works your hamstrings, glutes and lower back. Good form is critical for deadlifts, not only to get the most out of the exercise but also for safety. If you are unsure of the correct technique, get some help from a personal trainer.
- Hip Extensions – For a real hamstring and glute burner try hip extensions.
- Barbell Hip Thrusts – Hip thrusts are fantastic for improving the strength and power in your hamstrings and glutes. Start off doing bodyweight hip thrusts to get used to the technique and movement. Once you are ready, progress to incorporating the barbell and increase the weight as often as you can for maximum impact!
Sadly, there is no miracle regime to immediately grow your peach but in time, the consistency of your weight training mixed with a healthy, nutrient rich diet will help create the most sculpted behind you have ever had!